March 21, 2023 – Webinar: Conversations that Matter–Virtual Apocalypse: Renewing Christian Culture in a Digital World, Notre Dame University
April 2023 – Nashville, TN: Q Ideas Culture Summit
recent speaking engagements
Speaker, Parenting Conference Series: Wisdom for Parenting in the Digital Age, Asian American Christian Collaborative, Orange County, CA, March 2023.
Conference Speaker, InterVarsity Virginia Region Winter Conference, Lexington, VA, February 2023.
Speaker, The Plenary Assembly of the Dicastery for Communication, Vatican, Rome, Italy, November 2022.
Speaker, “Reprogramming Humanity: A Closer Look at Technology and Ethics”, BioLogos, Palo Alto, CA, August 2022.
Plenary Speaker, Church Communications Ecology Program Capstone Conference, Notre University, June 2022.
Speaker, “Technological Practice and Soul Formation,” Religious and Civic Leaders Gathering, Religion and Public Life Program, Rice University, March 2022.
Panelist, Et Religio: “Metastatic Metaverse,” Center for Christianity and Scholarship, Duke University, March 2022.
Panelist, “Redeeming Social Media: Christian Reflections on Using (and Building) Social Media More Wisely,” MIT Octet Collaborative panel, December 2021.
Plenary Speaker, “Technology and Wisdom” Summit, The Higher Pursuits Project, UpperHouse, Madison, WI, October 2021.
Interview on The Well podcast, January 2023
Interview with David Gill on Theology & podcast, December 2022
Interview on Every Voice Now podcast, November 2022
Interview on Q Ideas podcast, October 2022
Interview on The Resilient Christian podcast, July 2022
Interview on The What If Project podcast, July 2022
Interview on Mars Hill Audio Journal, June 2022
Interview on Good News Stories podcast, May 2022
Interview on This Undivided Life podcast, May 2022
Interview on Christian Humanist Profiles podcast with Christiana Bieber Lake, April 2022
Interview on Cairn University’s Cairn Commons podcast, April 2022
Interviews (Parts I & II) on Apollos Watered podcast, March 2022
Interview on Christianity Today’s Viral Jesus podcast, March 2022
Interview on The Monday Christian podcast, March 2022
Interview on Digital Public Square podcast with Jason Thacker, March 2022
Interview with Dr. Jeff Show podcast, March 2022
Interview on The Common Good with Brian From and Aubrey Sampson radio show and podcast, February 2022
Interview on Faith Conversations podcast with Anita Lustrea, February 2022
Interview on The Digital Community podcast, February 2022
Interview on The Substance podcast, February 2022
Interview on The Unhurried Life podcast with Alan Fadling, February 2022
Interview on Devices and Virtue podcast, January 2022
Interview on New Creation Conversations podcast, January 2022
Interview on Dordt University’s In All Things podcast, January 2022
Interview on The Common Good with Brian From and Aubrey Sampson radio show and podcast, December 2021
Interview on William Jessup University’s Jessup Think podcast, December 2021
Interview on ScreenSanity podcast for parents, December 2021
Interview on Halfway There podcast, December 2021
Interview on Thinking Outloud podcast, December 2021
Interview on Mornings with Carmen radio show, November 2021
Interview on Intervarsity’s The Well: A Gathering Place for Women in Academia and Beyond podcast, November 2021
Interview on DadTired podcast, November 2021
Interview on Churchology podcast, November 2021
Interview on Upwords podcast, November 2021
Interview on Filter podcast, October 2021
past presentations, workshops, interviews & consultations
- Social Justice Scholars program, Loyola University-New Orleans
- Stanford InterVarsity Graduate Fellowship
- Center for Pastor Theologians Conference
- O Ye of Middle Faith podcast
- Praxis Labs
- InterVarsity Faculty/Staff Christian Fellowship, San Jose State University
- Christian Study Center, University of Virginia
- Trinity Presbyterian Church of Charlottesville
- Anselm House, University of Minnesota
- Apologetics Canada Conference
- Trinity School of Durham, NC
- InterVarsity West Coast Faculty Conference
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Houston, TX
- “Religion and Social Media” panel, Religion and Public Life program, Rice University
- Geneva Campus Ministry, University of Iowa
- Westmont College Downtown Lecture series
- Center for Christianity and Scholarship, Duke University
- North Carolina Study Center, University of North Carolina
- Faith and Work Conference, Redeemer Presbyterian Church NYC
- Annual Meeting, Consortium of Christian Study Centers
- Chesterton House, Cornell University
- Mars Hill Audio Journal
- Veritas Forum, Hope College
topics of engagements
- Digital Life and its Implicit Theology
- Liturgy and Christian Formation
- Parenting in a Digital Age
- Social Media and the Industrialization of the Self
- Community and Relationship in a Digitally Saturated Society
what people are saying
“Thank you so much for visiting us at St. Andrew’s and sharing with us your thoughts on social media and faith. Many people commented on your approachability and winsomeness, as well as the timely and interesting discussion of how we can avoid being ruled by our devices.”
“My students deeply appreciated your scholarship and genuine interest in their questions. Many were inspired by your curiosity, great insights, pastoral instincts, and honesty! So good! They kept bringing you up the rest of the week!”
“Thank you so much for joining our consultation this week. You bring so many important qualities to these discussions, above all your attention to complexities of how different families and communities engage with these matters, and your own personal honesty and vulnerability.”
If you are interested in booking an event, interview, or consultation, please use the Contact form.